If you invited a participant and they can not join, you can get in contact with them if they face any technical difficulties.
- Ask the person to refresh their page. In many cases these simple steps solve the problem.
- If that didn't solve the problem, ask them to close their browser and restart it by opening it and trying to join the room again.
- The person should make sure their internet connection works well. If they use Wifi, fluctuations in the signal can cause problems when connecting to the virtual room.
- If the person is using a mobile or tablet to join the room, it might be the reason, as the connection is less stable on smartphones and tablets, the connection highly depends on the performance of the device. It is best to switch off video, if they can join the room, because it uses less processing capacity.
- Check if they are trying to open the correct lesson link for this specific lesson and not an earlier one that have already been closed. The session link should be identical with the URL of the room in the browser.
- It is possible that the participant's device does not meet the system requirements. If this is the case, ask them to switch off the Audio option in the room, if they can join, so the camera image is not enabled, but the voice is still shared.
After the session, you can send the link of the system requirements, so they can take steps to ensure that the equipment can be used to participate in live online classes.
If anything is modified before or during the beginning of the online class, the browser must be refreshed in order to be able to connect again. This is also the protocol, when the system freezes or the image or voice disappears. A click on the refresh button of the browser, or closing and opening the browser again in most cases fixes the problem.
Article is closed for comments.