Every student receives the contact details of the teacher after they purchase a course or lesson, therefore they can get in contact with them should they face any technical difficulties. If a student could not join the online lesson, the teacher can also contact the student by mail or phone and make sure to check the following possibilities:
- If the student is connected but we do not see or hear them, ask them to refresh the page or restart the browser, in many cases these simple steps solve the problem.
- You should check whether the student has internet access, their camera and microphone are connected and enabled properly.
- Ask about the device he is using, as the connection is less stable on smartphones and tablets, the connection highly depends on the performance of the device.
- Ask him what browser he is using. Currently the platform is only supported by Chrome and Firefox, so make sure that your students also opened the link with one of the above mentioned browsers. If they do not have ask them to install it since it only a takes few seconds /minutes and is completely free to install and use.
- Check if he has granted the access to their camera and video in the Virtual Classroom after the notification appeared. Without this they would not be able to share neither their audio, nor their video. If you see the camera but hear no sound, despite the fact that the student granted access to everything, make sure the students that the microphone is not muted, it is possible to check it in the default Windows settings. Ask them to click on the local Media Share tab to check if "Audio and Video" is selected.
- Check if they are trying to open the correct lesson link for this specific lesson and not an earlier one that have already been closed. The link can be found in the blue box in the main chat screen or at the URL box of the browser.
- It is possible that the student's device does not meet the system requirements, in this case, ask him to click on the Local Media Share tab and select the Audio option, so the camera image is not enabled, but the voice is still shared.
After class, you can send him the system requirements found here, so the students can also take steps to ensure that the equipment can be used to participate in live online classes.
If anything is modified before or during the beginning of the online class, the browser must be refreshed in order to be able to connect again. This is also the protocol, when the system freezes or the image or voice disappears. A click on the refresh button of the browser, or closing and opening the browser again in most cases fixes the problem.