In this article you can find everything you need to know before you start teaching on our platform.
What you need to use the platform
1. A PC or Laptop
Please read the detailed system requirements to make sure that your device can maintain a smooth video and sound connection.
2. Reliable access to an internet connection
As an online teacher, you will need regular access to the internet for:
- Giving your lessons online.
- Accepting and answering lesson and course requests from students.
- Communicating with your students and managing your teaching profile.
You should have reliable internet connection (minimum ADSL) with a speed of at least 1 MB per second.
You can test your connection speed on Speedtest.net by clicking the Begin Test button.
3. External or built-in microphone and webcam
You can either use the built-in parts of your device or connect external microphone and camera, you can read about our recommendations in the hardware requirements article.
4. An iTeach User Profile
Register for a free profile on iTeach.world. You have to give us a user name, your e-mail address and set your native language.
What information you need to give when setting up your teacher profile:
Remember that your profile is what students will consider when choosing a teacher, courses and lessons. Consider how your profile will look to students, and choose pictures and an introduction that represents you at your best.
"TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF"
1. Display name - A user name that will appear on the site
During the teacher portal setup, you first have to choose a display name. This does not need to be your real or legal name, but it should be a name that you expect your students to call you. Please do not enter an online handle or nickname, since this does not make your profile seem like a real person.
Acceptable user names:
- "Mr. B", "Teacher Alana", "John Doe", or "Mary"
- "iloveteaching007" (please do not use an online nickname)
- "Your Biology Teacher" (please do not use a name that is too generic)
2. Avatar - A well-chosen profile picture
3. Tagline - A short introduction about yourself, that can be your teaching philosophy, your age and areas of expertise or your favourite quote.
4. Introduction - A detailed introduction about yourself and what you can offer to students. You might elaborate on your approach to teaching, tell your students about your previous experiences or some interesting information about you and your background.
5. A video introduction to yourself and your lessons - optional.
7. Location - Where you live
8. Timezone - The time zone of your location
9. Main language - The language you use when teaching and using the site
"HOW CAN OTHERS REACH YOU?"
10. E-mail - A working e-mail address, where all your notifications will be sent. Please make sure you receive our e-mails and don't forget to check your inbox every day.
11. Phone number - Give your mobile, where we our your students can reach you
12. Website link - If you have a personal blog or website, you can share it here
13. Social media profile links - optional
Make sure to fill these out, as this is the way you will receive your payments for the courses and classes
14. Bank Name - The name of the institution that hosts your bank account.
15. IBAN Number - The international banking number of your account.
16. SWIFT Number - The international ID of your bank. You can usually find it on the website of your bank or in your monthly account summary.
Now you almost reached the end of the process, there is one very important step left: to become a teacher, you have to read and agree to the Teacher Agreement and Terms of Service.
A few main points:
- Communicate with students promptly and attend lessons reliably
- Treat students with professional courtesy at all times. As students are paying for your services. teachers must take the initiative in communicating with and managing students.
- Maintain your profile, descriptions and schedules to keep the accurate and up-to-date.
- Report any problems or violations to our support e-mail address
- Do not request or accept payment outside of the site's payment system
- Do not cancel a lesson within 24 hours. If you have to cancel a lesson, you shall inform us by sending an e-mail to our support e-mail address and a message to the affected students via the messaging platform of the system immediately in case any of the Courses/Private lessons published in your Profile needs to be modified for any reason. At the same time, you have to offer 2 alternative dates to make up for the class and finally perform the canceled class on the date selected by the student.
By choosing the "I accept" radio button and clicking Finish setup, your account is ready for use.
You reached the very end of the process, welcome among our teachers!