To start teaching on iTeach, you'll first need to register and set up an account.
First, if you haven't done it yet, you have to register an account:
- Go to http://iteach.world/tutor
- Click Start Teaching.
- You can either register with Facebook or give your e-mail, password and select your language.
Once you created your account, you go through the process of setting up your teacher profile:
"TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF"
1. Display name - A user name that will appear on the site
During the teacher portal setup, you first have to choose a display name. This does not need to be your real or legal name, but it should be a name that you expect your students to call you. Please do not enter an online handle or nickname, since this does not make your profile seem like a real person.
Acceptable user names:
- "Mr. B", "Teacher Alana", "John Doe", or "Mary"
- "iloveteaching007" (please do not use an online nickname)
- "Your Biology Teacher" (please do not use a name that is too generic)
2. Avatar - A well-chosen profile picture
3. Tagline - A short introduction about yourself, that can be your teaching phylosophy, your age and areas of experitse or your favourite quote
4. Inroduction - A detailed introduction about yourself and what you can offer to students. You might elaborate on your approach to teaching, tell your studens about your previous experiences or some interesting information about you and your background.
5. A video introduction to yourself and your lessons - optional.
7. Location - Where you live
8. Timezone - The time zone of your location
9. Main language - The language you use when teaching and using the site
"HOW CAN OTHERS REACH YOU?"
10. E-mail - A working e-mail address, where all your notifications will be sent. Please make sure you receive our e-mails and don't forget to check your inbox every day.
11. Phone number - Give your mobile, where we our your students can reach you
12. Website link - If you have a personal blog or website, you can share it here
13. Social media profile links - optional
Make sure to fill these out, as this is the way you will receive your payments for the courses and classes
14. Bank Name - The name of the institution that hosts your bank account.
15. IBAN Number - The international banking number of your account.
16. SWIFT Number - The international ID of your bank.
By chosing the "I accept" radio button and clicking Finish setup, your account is ready for use.
You reached the very end of the process, welcome among our teachers!