On the lower left part you can see your own video feed, with the Main Group tab on the left side and a square icon on the right. It will make your video stream full screen, which you can exit with pressing the Esc button.
On the right side of your own stream, you can see the following buttons
- Mute Mic - Would be useful for students if they would not like others to see them.
- Video Off – You can stop your video stream.
- Share Screen - In order to enable screen sharing you would have to install an external browser plugin, from the pop-up window. Select the screens you would like to share and click SHARE. You can stop sharing anytime by clicking the Share Screen button. Screen sharing is useful when you would like to show actual problems, slides or websites.
- Question - By clicking the button, participants can indicate that they would like to ask a question - almost as if you would raise your hand in a real classroom. A message will appear in the Chat area too, with the name of the participant who pressed the button.
- I'm Done - By clicking the green tick the students can indicate that they have finished their tasks.
In the top right corner of the Participants box, you have 3 buttons.
You can invite further participants when you already started the class by clicking the participant plus button in the top right corner. A window will appear on the left side of the room. Type an address to the Email box and click add. When you are finished adding recipients, click the Send Invitation button or Cancel the action.
Creating breakout groups
This button will make Workspaces come up until the top of the page, so you can see all the links, files shared and Whiteboards created. Workspaces is your go-to place to share and collaborate.
Click the button and paste a link in the box, then click open URL. If it is a secure (https://) website, it will open up in the Workspaces. Go back to the Workspaces with the arrow on the left.
New Whiteboard - Both participants and the session host can draw, write, insert pictures on the whiteboard. You can clear the whole whiteboard by simply clicking the Clear all button. This would clear everything from the board, however would not close it, you can close it by clicking the small downward pointing triangle on the top right corner of your whiteboard. The whiteboard is only available during class, however you can download it's contents in PNG format by clicking the Dowload button. You can create as many whiteboards as you want.
Upload any files from your computer - just click the button, open the file you would like to share and it will be available for download in the Workspaces. You will receive the link of these files in the session summary email as well. If you have a registered account, you can access these files in the Documents menu any time.
Chat Box – The place to share your thoughts with the other participants and communicate if someone's microphone is not working.
When you have finished your lesson you can click the “X” at the top right of the page to close the room.
You would receive an email summary automatically after your lesson including your personal notes and the files shared with you.