In order to set the schedule of your one-on-one availability, you first have to create a subject.
1. Step - Creating your Subject
You can do it by clicking on "teach" tab in the top bar and then choose "Lessons" from the left side navigation panel, click the "Subjects" tab and click on "Create Subject" to create subjects you would like your private tutoring hours listed in.
You have to set the followings:
- Short description: short, 2-line-long description of what you teach within the subject
- Description: a long, more detailed description of what students can expect from you
- Price: When setting up the pricing for your lessons make sure to calculate it according to the schedule. e.g. if your pricing is USD 20 / 60 minutes and the lesson is 90 minutes long then it should be USD 30 in total.
- Interval: the length or time unit of your classes
- Picture: upload a picture that will appear on the lesson page and in the Store
After filling in all necessary information you should simply click on "Save".
IMPORTANT: Do not forget to add your scheduling to let your students know your availability for your lessons!
2. Step - Add lesson schedule
Go to the Lessons tab in the Teacher Portal and click Schedule.
Here you can accurately set up daily time intervals, when you have time for tutoring, allowing your students to book they preferred times by clicking "add schedule" and set the day, start time and end time. If you are ready, slick "set schedule".
Later on, if you have to modify your availability, just change the day, start time, end time or delete the daily availability by clicking Delete Schedule. If you don't want to give private lessons, you can delete all added days from your schedule.
Starting a private lesson that has been purchased from you
When a student purchases a lesson from you, you will get an e-mail notification and the upcoming class would show on the "Upcoming Lessons" page. Before the lessons starts an orange “start lesson” button would indicate to start the lesson at the pre-set time on the right. The student would automatically get an email when the lesson has started that includes the link of the virtual classroom to join the private lesson, therefore there is no need to re-invite your student manually.
IMPORTANT: Start the lesson approx. 5 minutes earlier than the actual starting time ensuring that everything works fine and that you have time to solve any technical problems that might occur.