Before you start creating assignments, it is important to note, that they can only be created within courses, but not private lessons.
Did you know that you can use your assignments for multiple purposes? Before creating an assignment, it is best to decide what you would like to use it for. Click here to read the article!
Step 1 – Create a chapter
Choose the given course in the Course menu, that you want the test to assign to. You are taken to the Modules tab, where you can create a new assignment by clicking the New Assignment button on the right.
First start with adding a chapter to your course. A chapter serves as a container for your course contents, it can be named as "Week 1", "Part 1" or the topic of the course content that can be found in it. You can add as many chapters to your course as you want.
Step 2 – Add a new assignment
You can add assignments to your chapter by clicking "Add New Assignment". You can decide to load an existing assignment from your Library or create a new assignment
- Give your assignment a name
- Write instructions for your students about the assignment
- You can upload a file as a basis of your assignment by clicking "Add File" and selecting one from your device
- You can set a start date of your assignment, this way the assignment will only appear at the set date and time
- Add an end date to your assignment, this way students won't be able to access and submit their answers after the given date
You can choose to add Multiple choice, Fill-in-the-blanks and Open-ended questions to your assignment. Read more about the different question types here
- Multiple choice: Write your question in the dedicated field and add answer choices. Click the red "x" in front of the answer choice to mark it as correct. When you are finished click the green "Add Question" button in the bottom right corner.
- Fill-In-The-Blanks: Insert or type your text in the box, select the text of your choice and click "Create blank from selected text". By choosing "Enable Free-Form Answering" you don't have to add distractor words, students can give an answer of their choice. If you don't turn on this option you have to add distractor words.
- Open Ended Question: Write your question and let your students submit their answers in a free form.
Once you are finished with adding your questions, click "Add Assignment" to add your assignment to the chapter.
Step 3 – Save and publish
Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the "Modules" tab to save and publish your assignment modules.
Article is closed for comments.