After the logging in, on the Teacher Portal you can see your existing courses by choosing the Courses tab and are able to create new ones by choosing the Create new course button.
1. Course creation
- First, give your course a name that best describes what you are going to teach.
- Choose from the 3 different course types and choose to which category your course belongs to.
- Set the teaching language of your course and write a short (2-3 sentences long) description that is going to appear on the card of your course in the Store. It can be a summary or the beginning of the long description of your course.
- The long course description might contain a short introduction of the teacher as well (however it is not neccesary. The course descriptions should be made personal, so that the students can build trust towards the teacher and see what experiences he or she has. When creating new courses, it is important to give as much information as possible how the course and classes are going to be held (see this article for detailed instructions on what to include in a course description).
- Don't forget to upload a picture related to the topic of your course.
- If you have a video about your course, you can upload it to YouTube and give it's link in the box.
If you did double-check all the information given, select the Save option. From this point on, the course created is going to appear in the Store and the COURSES menu on the left, where the course can be edited any time.
2. Editing and and finalizing your course
You can create Assignments (See Assignment Creation), you can see the list of the students, you can generate Coupon codes (your students can use these instead of money when paying, every code can only be used once), you can set the Price (HUF or USD) and the Schedule, you can get a report in the Account about your payments, edit all the Details you gave upon creation or you can also Suspend your course.
Make sure to set everything, especially the price and the schedule!
IMPORTANT: From the starting day of the course new students can’t join the running course, they can only express their interest. In these cases, the Join button switches to "I’m Interested", when clicked both the student and the teacher receive and e-mail confirmation of the interest.
If a student buys your course, you are going to get an e-mail notification.
It is advised for the teacher to provide the curriculum of the class, so that the students will know what exactly is expected and what they can expect. In case of the courses, the material should also contain a syllabus, so that the students can follow what each class will be about. In case they can’t attend a given class, it will be easier for them to make up for the missed lesson. The exact drafting of the curriculum is also important, when the course contains working with longer materials. Make sure to notice the students in advance, so that they have enough time to read the book!