After the logging in, in the Courses tab you can see your existing courses by choosing the Courses tab and are able to create new ones by choosing the Create new course button.
1. Course creation
Step 1 - Course Type
First, choose from 2 different course types you would like to create or choose an existing course to load from your Library
Step 2 - Basic settings
- Choose another user if you would like to create a course for another teacher. If it is going to be your course, just leave the default setting.
- Give your course a name
- Select the category you want your course displayed in in the Store. You can choose more than one category!
- Set the teaching language of your course
Step 3 - Showcase items
- Write a short description that is going to appear on the card of your course in the Store. It can be a summary or the beginning of the long description of your course.
- Optional: Add the link of the YouTube introduction video of your course, if you have one
- The course objectives might contain a short introduction of the teacher as well (however it is not necessary. When creating new courses, it is important to give as much information as possible how the course and classes are going to be held (see this article for detailed instructions on what to include in a course description).
- Don't forget to click "Add image" and upload a picture related to the topic of your course. This will be displayed in the Store and on the course page
Step 4 - Additional Settings
- Set the full course price per student. If you leave the 0 in this field, it will appear as a free course
- Choose a currency for your course
- Set the visibility of your course. If you would like to save your course as a draft and don't want it to appear in the Store then set the visibility of your course to Private
If you did double-check all the information given, select the Save option. From this point on, the course created is going to appear in the Store and the COURSES menu on the left, where the course can be edited any time.
Step 5 - Course Content
- First start with adding a chapter to your course. A chapter serves as a container for your course contents, it can be named as "Week 1", "Part 1" or the topic of the course content that can be found in it. You can add as many chapters to your course as you want.
- You can add assignments to your chapter by clicking "Add New Assignment"
- You can decide to load an existing assignment from your Library or create a new assignment
- Give your assignment a name
- Write instructions for your students about the assignment
- You can upload a file as a basis of your assignment by clicking "Add File" and selecting one from your device
- You can set a start date of your assignment, this way the assignment will only appear at the set date and time
- Optional: Add an end date to your assignment, this way students won't be able to access and submit their answers after the given date
You can choose to add Multiple choice, Fill-in-the-blanks and Open-ended questions to your assignment. Read more about the different question types here
- Multiple Choice: Write your question in the dedicated field and add answer choices. Click the red "x" in front of the answer choice to mark it as correct. When you are finished click the green "Add Question" button in the bottom right corner.
- Fill-In-The-Blanks: Insert or type your text in the box, select the text of your choice and click "Create blank from selected text". By choosing "Enable Free-Form Answering" you don't have to add distractor words, students can give an answer of their choice. If you don't turn on this option you have to add distractor words.
- Open Ended Question: Write your question and let your students submit their answers in a free form.
Once you are finished with adding your questions, click "Add Assignment" to add your assignment to the chapter.
Editing and and finalizing your course
You can re-order your chapters, your assignments and move assignments between your chapters. Click "Save" to save your course content and publish your course.
2. Other settings
You can see the list of the students and invite new ones under the Students tab.
If you would like to generate Coupon codes (your students can use these instead of money when paying, every code can only be used once) under the "Coupons" tab. You can modify all the course details in the Settings menu.
How will students join my course?
IMPORTANT: If you created a group course, from the starting day of the course new students can’t join the running course, they can only express their interest. In these cases, the Join button switches to "I’m Interested", when clicked both the student and the teacher receive and e-mail confirmation of the interest.
If a student buys your course, you are going to get an e-mail notification.
It is advised for the teacher to provide the curriculum of the class, so that the students will know what exactly is expected and what they can expect. In case of the courses, the material should also contain a syllabus, so that the students can follow what each class will be about. In case they can’t attend a given class, it will be easier for them to make up for the missed lesson. The exact drafting of the curriculum is also important, when the course contains working with longer materials. Make sure to notice the students in advance, so that they have enough time to read the book!