To make your online lesson go as smooth as possible, you should also prepare your devices for teaching to avoid technical issues, that can be prevented before class.
- First you should make sure your devices meet the system requirements and all your hardware function properly.
- It is also essential to understand how features work and what technical problems might occur to be able to help students in case they are not familiar how the platform works. It is highly advised to spend the first minutes of the lesson (when with new students) to show them around in the virtual room.
- Every material that you would like to use during the lesson should be prepared before the lesson. Please make it accessible in only a few clicks or upload them into Workspaces before your student arrives.
- Start your lesson 5 minutes in advance the due time to ensure every technical hardware working find and your materials are well prepared before your students joins.
- When using your laptop, ensure that the battery is either fully charged or plugged into the wall socket during your lesson.
- Make sure to grant access to your camera and microphone for the virtual room in your browser. (It would be requested automatically in a pop-up window during your first use).
- Test your microphone or speakers/headset before starting your lesson, if it is not loud enough the student might find it hard to understand you.