An assignment is a series of questions, that can be filled out once or multiple times by the students within the timeframe that the teacher sets. Teachers can create multiple assignments to a single course. If you have an existing material, you can use it as a basis for your assignment and attach it to the questions.
Assignments can only be created within courses!
Assignments can be used for different purposes:
- They can be used as placement test before starting classes to get an idea of what level the student is at. This way the teacher can save a lot of time, because this way the teacher can concentrate on that material, that the student has a lack of knowledge.
- They can be used as an online homework, since it doesn’t matter how long it takes them to solve them and the teacher can decide how many days the students have to complete the assignment, it is a great homework tool. The most important advantage of solving homework is that the student gets a feedback on how he or she is proceeding, making it easier to see if the time devoted for studying is enough or not.
- Furthermore, the most common reason to create an assignment is to use it as a test, to be able to grade the students' work. This way the progress of the student can be assessed with the help of a specific grading system. It is entirely up to the teacher, if the class participation is taken into account or the evaluation is solely based on the given exercise.
- You can set the time frame the assignment is accessible and can be solved and submitted, this way you can make sure students only see it before or after the related class.
- You can also set, if it can be solved multiple times, giving more opportunity for self-testing and practicing. All the exercises created can be found in the Assignments tab of the given course menu, you can delete them any time.
Assignments can have questions in 3 different types: open question, choice question and fill-in-blanks question.